Of course, Nigerians can now officially borrow money (airtime) from Airtel if you are out of cash with the newly introduced & updated “Airtel Talk Time Advance”.
Airtel Talk Time Advance
Wondering what Airtel Talk Time Advance is? It’s a newly introduced service which gives all registered Airtel customers the ability to request for airtime in advance without physical recharging their phones to top up their airtime balance.
How You Can Be Qualified To Borrow Money (Airtime)from Airtel
The management of Airtel Nigeria has put stringent rules in place so user can easily borrow airtime from them.
Below are the rules and regulation that you must meet, before you’ll be eligible to borrow money (airtime) from Airtel:
- To be eligible, firstly you must be an active subscriber. Your Airtel Line must be at least be 3 month old i.e 90 days.
- You must Recharge your Airtel Line as often as once or twice a week before you’ll be eligible.
- Your Line must be registered with the network and actively used.
- Minimum monthly recharge: This refers to the number of airtime reloads in a month.
- Minimum weighted monthly usage: This is used to refer to the total value in denominations for a customer per given period. This means the maximum amount of money a subscriber can loan from Airtel per month.
|Advance Airtime Amount||Minimum Age (network)||Minimum Monthly Recharge||Minimum Weighted Monthly Usage for the Subscriber (Naira)|
How You Can Borrow Money (Airtime) from Airtel – Airtel Loan
If you’ve gone through the above requirements & your SIM card is eligible, all you need to do is to initiate a request by dialing *500# on your line (MSISDN).
After dialing the above number, you’ll be shown options from which to choose the desired value of airtime which you can use for voice calls (on-net and off-net), SMS & Data.
The list of Airtel amount you can borrow from Airtel Nigeria:
Airtel Loan Number:
Here is how you can initiate a transaction for any amount. Simply Dial:
- *500*50# for N50 airtime
- *500*100# for N100 airtime
- *500*200# for N200 airtime
- *500*500# for N500 airtime
The only setback of the Airtel talk time advance service is that you will be charged a 10% service fee on every transaction. Once you received the borrowed airtime from Airtel, you must pay. You’ll be charged without delay on your next recharge.
Finally, this is one of the best service provided by Airtel. This service is suitable for customers who find themselves in areas where buying recharge cards is difficult, and for those who want to make important and urgent calls, but have no airtime on their phone.
Guys I want to believe you now know how to borrow money from Airtel. It’s that simple!